PRESTATYN HIGH SCHOOL SAFEGUARDING STATEMENT
Safeguarding legislation and government guidance says that safeguarding means:
- Protecting children from maltreatment
- Preventing impairment of children’s health or development
- Ensuring that children are growing up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care
- Taking action to enable all children and young people to have the best outcome
Safeguarding includes child protection, health care plans, health and safety, site security, safety on school trips, anti-bullying work and so much more.
The school’s Safeguarding Team consists of:
Mrs K Roberts (Child Protection Co-ordinator)
Mr A Barons, Mrs M Jones, Mrs A Watson and Mrs M Khsib.
The school adheres to the following three DFE safeguarding documents:
- Working Together to Safeguard Children 2019
- Keeping Children Safe in Education 2019
- The Prevent Duty 2019
All staff receive annual Child Protection and Safeguarding update training and are aware of the procedures for passing on concerns within school. If any members of the school or local community have concerns about the welfare of a child in the school, please pass them on to the School Child Protection Team.
-Updated March 2020