Uniform and Equipment Policy
Uniform must be worn in school, to and from school and at official functions organised by the school. We believe that with ALL students in uniform, we can best reach those objectives of substantial achievement in an orderly atmosphere. Furthermore the appearance and general conduct of students makes an impression on the community and parents are asked to co-operate in ensuring that this impression is a favourable one. In cases of financial need, parents may apply to the County for assistance towards the cost of school clothing. Children coming to school in unacceptable uniform will be supplied with the correct uniform. Students are asked to leave a deposit (an article of minor value) whilst school property is being borrowed. Since changing fashions may make it necessary to specify in detail what is acceptable, the school’s decision is final.
- All items of uniform should be NAMED. The School cannot accept any liability for loss or damage to clothing or equipment incurred on the school premises.
- For health and safety reasons no jewellery may be worn in school, with the exception of a watch and a pair of small plain ear studs or sleepers.
The pupils should arrive at school sensibly equipped for the day. Please support the pupils and the school by noting:
- Electronic items, other than mobile telephones for emergency use, should not be brought into school. Mobile telephones, if brought into school, must be switched off and only used during breaks.
- Bags – should be big enough to contain an A4 size folder, all exercise books, journals and equipment.
- Pencil cases – these should include pens, pencils, ruler, rubber
- Water – pupils may wish to bring their own or we supply a bottle that they can fill from the water fountains. Water is freely available from water fountains located in the main corridors.
The school will not take action to investigate the theft or loss of electronic items that it has specifically asked pupils not to bring to school.
School Uniform Suppliers
School Uniform Expectations
The school uniform for Prestatyn High School is on sale in the following shops:
1st Class Clothes - Website
12 High Street, Prestatyn
Jean Emporium - Website
3 Sussex Street, Rhyl
Simply Logo Ltd - Website
51 Vale Road, Rhyl
These details are provided for information as the school does not comment on price, quality etc.
* Pupils entering Year 7 may be eligible for a Welsh Government grant to help with the purchase of school uniform if they are eligible for free school meals. A grant of £105 per child is available and families should contact the Local Authority if they qualify for this assistance.
Education Department of Denbighshire County Council, Wynnstay Road, Ruthin, Denbighshire, LL15 1YN.