Denbighshire County Council have recently updated their school transport protocols. Please note that this protocol could be affected by changes to national guidance.
It is the parents’ responsibility:
- To ensure pupils do not travel on school transport if anyone in the household has COVID-19 symptoms.
- To ensure your child has a supply of face coverings before travelling each morning and afternoon. Your child must wear a face covering unless medically exempt. Pupils will not be permitted to board the vehicle if they are not wearing a face covering.
- To acknowledge zero tolerance for poor behaviour on transport. Any pupil who demonstrates poor behaviour, and puts the safety of others at risk, will have transport withdrawn with immediate effect.
- To ensure pupils sanitise their hands before leaving home to board their vehicle.
- Remind learners they must board and alight transport in single file and 2 metres apart.
- Remind pupils they must follow any instructions by their driver and try and minimise the number of surfaces they touch.
- To ensure they have a contingency in places should the transport not arrive e.g. if a driver is unwell at short notice.
- A bin will be made available to dispose of face masks.
- All coaches are to load in the morning and afternoon back to front and unload front to back once at school.