If you were disappointed when the Big Bang fair you registered for was cancelled, we think we’ve got something to put a smile on your face!
We’re bringing together a day of inspiring online sessions to give young people a front row view of the incredible contribution of scientists, healthcare professionals, engineers, technicians and students in responding to Covid-19.
Big Bang Digital 2020 – science, engineering & Covid-19 takes place on Tuesday 14 July and celebrates the amazing work of scientists and engineers in a pandemic.
TV & Radio Science Presenter, Podcaster & YouTuber Greg Foot will be hosting live, exploring the topic with a range of guests, putting your questions to the experts and bringing his usual energy and enthusiasm to the day.
Hear from the people using their skills and experience to fight Covid-19 on the frontline, to keep things moving, keep the lights on and keep food in the shops. Discover how people have been supporting the environment and promoting wellbeing. Sessions include:
- The worldwide race to develop a vaccine (GSK)
- New habits to protect the planet: the environmental impact of staying at home (Plastic Oceans)
- Young talent against Covid-19 (Big Bang Competition winners)
- Designing a social distancing lanyard (RS Components)
- Rebuilding a greener future (The Environment Agency)
- Keeping the water flowing (Thames Water)
- Designing a low-cost ventilator (Imperial College London)
- Feeding the nation (Harper Adams University)
Big Bang Digital 2020 is going to be an inspiring day of upbeat sessions to show young people the amazing things you can achieve in STEM and includes interactive polls and live Q&A sessions.
Students (11+) can join #BigBangDigital from school or from home on desktop, phone or tablet, so get the date in the diary and bookmark www.digitalbigbang.co.uk.