Dear Parents and Carers
Letter to parents 13-12-21
I do hope this letter finds you well. Today, 13th December 2021, Denbighshire CC announced that all schools will switch to online learning for all pupils and students for the last two days of this term. This means that next week (Monday and Tuesday) all learners are not to attend school for these days. School is not closed and staff will be working in order to prepare and set lessons for these final two days.
Here are key points of information to address many of the issues for next week:
- All learners are to work from home via TEAMS for the final two days
- This week is NOT an early holiday and teachers will be setting online work for completion
- Lessons and work set on the Monday will follow their normal timetable. On Tuesday, there will Christmas themed activities
- Any pupils or students who do not have a device that is capable of accessing online learning are required to contact their Head of Year so that we can set paper-based work
- Any learners on free school meals will receive an additional payment from DCC to cover these two days. This payment will be made as soon as possible
- All learners MUST continue to follow the government guidance on social distancing and COVID- 19 rules. Whilst in school, all learners and staff have been kept safe. This level of precaution and safety must continue whilst not in school
- All staff and pupils are to continue to test twice a week using LFDs to ensure we are safe over the holiday break and also as safe as possible for when we return
DCC has taken this decision due to the emergence of Omicron, the new variant of concern and also due to the increased number of cases across Denbighshire.
I will write to you all again soon with a further update from the school. School will be open to all pupils and students as planned on the 10th of January 2022.
Neil Foley - B.Sc. MA.